COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
HOW WE MAY USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED:
We may use the personal information that we collect about you to respond to your inquiries, for payment processing, for the provision of goods and services to you or to the company that you represent, and for providing continuing product care such as warranty and technical support. We also process your personal information where we are required to do so by law, and for the exercise or defense of legal claims. From time to time, we may contact you for research purposes, or to tell you about our special offers and other services in accordance with your contact preferences. Where appropriate, we will obtain your consent to do so. If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any of those communications or contact a member of our team directly.
If we intend on using your personal information for any other purpose, we will let you know how we intend to use it when it is captured. We will only process your personal information for the specific purposes listed above or for any other purposes specifically permitted by law. Your personal information will only be processed to the extent that it is necessary for the specific purposes listed above.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We will only process your personal information where you have consented (which you may withdraw after giving it if we are relying on consent as a legal basis), in order to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others, for example, for market research purposes or, where you are an existing customer or user, to promote our goods and services.
We will only retain personal information if it is required for a specific purpose. We have a statutory duty to keep certain records for a specified minimum period, for example personal information in relation to the purchase of a product or service from Sun-Tec. We will retain your personal information as long as necessary to provide the services, products and information you request, or as permitted by applicable law and in line with our retention policy, applied under GDPR. We will also retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Information that is no longer required for any valid business purpose, and that we are not required to keep pursuant to any applicable law, will be routinely destroyed by secure means.
WHO SUN-TEC MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH:
Please be aware that countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) may not offer the same level of data protection as a country within the EEA. We ensure that we have a relevant data processing agreement in place with each third party outside the EEA to ensure they are compliant with privacy and data protection laws. We will make sure that any transfer of your personal information by us will be secured and/or encrypted for its protection.
HOW SUN-TEC PROTECTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Sun-Tec uses reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical, and organizational measures to safeguard personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized uses, access, disclosure, modifications or destruction. Certain areas of our Website may be password protected. If you are a user of our websites and have a password, you can help to preserve your privacy by ensuring that you do not share your password with anyone else.
CHOICES YOU HAVE ABOUT THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
You have the following rights under data protection laws:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided on our Website.
- You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided on our Website.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided on our Website.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will itaffect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processinggrounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collectionand use of your personal information. For more information please contact your localdata protection authority.
These rights may not apply in some cases, including where we must comply with legal requirements, where it would violate the rights of someone other than the individual requesting access, or (in the case of your right to request access to your personal information) where the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. If you would like to request access to, correction, amendment, or deletion of your personal information, please contact us. We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity. In certain circumstances, for instance if you request substantial copies of documents, we may charge a reasonable fee. Please note that we respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
CONTACT US TO CHANGE YOUR PRIVACY PREFERENCES
If you would like to change your privacy preferences, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (248) 669-3100.